Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Where does all the time go?

Another school year started and this year is kind of different. Tyler has moved up into Jr. High and boy oh boy what a year I can already tell this is going to be!
I guess I always knew that this day was going to come I just was hoping that it would be a few more years till I had to deal with it. Tyler found out that little girls are pretty cute. I guess he is almost 13 now and so they start noticing the opposite sex. Over the weekend all he did was talk about this little girl and how he wanted to take her to a upcoming dance at school. I explained to him that we have already been through this he could attend the school dances this year but he couldn't go with a date until 16 when he can take a girl on a proper date. He said that wasn't fair and who would make up such silly rules, I did tell him he could write a letter to the prophet and explain to him how it was so unfair. He didn't like that much and so he let it go, and today when he came home from school the little girl already had a date to the dance anyhow. So now he is not going to attend at least I get a little bit longer to find my words of wisdom before asked again! I don't no where the time goes but it sure does go fast when raising children of your own. I just want my kids to stay little.

3 comments:

Jade said...

Hang in there Tyler. "The best things come to those who wait." Someone told me that once when I was 15 and I wanted to poke their eyes out. It is tough being a teenager.

Sarah said...

Awww, poor Tyler. I think what you told him was good. I don't even know how I am going to deal with mine when they reach that age. Luckily, Matt will be finished with all this school and he can take over at that time. LOL

Darin and Jena Bailey said...

My friends always say sending your kid to junior high is harder than sending them to kindergarten!! Good luck with everything.