Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Missing Socks...Where can they be?

Well yesterday was the first day back to school. I made sure everything was prepared the night before so the morning would go off very smooth. Well I guess no matter how hard you plan and try it just never just goes completely smooth. We started our morning and I got Paige and Kaleb up Tyler got to sleep a little longer since he is now in Jr. High he starts school later then the other kids this year. Anyhow, I got them up and told Kaleb that I would iron his shorts since I forgot the night before but to get his socks and shoes and by that time I would have his clothes ready for him. I started to iron the shorts and he came out and said, "Mom there is nothing in my drawer." I asked him what he meant I just rolled his new socks and placed them there not 2 days ago. "Go back and try to look again maybe you moved them and put them in another drawer." He went back to the room and came back out. "OK mom I looked in all my drawers and I cant find my socks." I then told Paige to go with him and look again maybe he was missing them. I by this time finished his shorts and decided to go help locate the socks. I get down to the boys room and to my dismay there is no drawer at all. The whole drawer was missing. I told Kaleb now how can this be the whole drawer is gone. He turned to me and said mom I promise it was there last night when I went to bed and when I got up this morning it was gone. So we all frantically look around the house to find the drawer. I checked the bathroom, my room, Paige's room, the garage and all the closets and still couldn't locate the drawer. I asked Kaleb how does the whole drawer come up missing what in the world happened to it and he told me Mom I think someone came in last night and took it because I know it was there when I went to bed. I replied back with, Son I don't think someone is going to break in our home and just take your sock drawer. I kind of chuckled about his comment and went back to looking for the missing drawer. I finally asked Paige to wake Tyler and ask him if he might of known where the drawer was. She came out to the living room laughing so hard, I said what is so funny? She said well we found the drawer. I replied with OH GOOD, where was it........Tyler was snuggling with it. I went in the room and Yep that was right Tyler was sound asleep with the drawer in his bed sleeping with it. I asked him why in the world he was sleeping with the drawer and he said I don't know I guess I just wanted it. By the way we looked for that drawer for 20 min. that morning and the kids were still on time to school. It was a crazy morning but it ended up being a great laugh for the rest of the day. I love my kids and the funny things they do that make life more interesting.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

LOL!!! That is hilarious! That boy really does do some sleep walking, huh? Wow, I can't believe he was snuggling with it. Honestly, this is the funniest thing. =c)